Currently, over eight million people suffer from angina, and thousands more from the symptoms of heart failure. Dr. Shahid Heart & General Hospital offers a therapy which has been proven to reduce or even eliminate angina pain while stabilizing the symptoms of heart failure.
EECP (Enhanced External Counterpulsation) treatment increases the blood flow to the heart and opens new blood vessels, which is popularly known as “Natural Bypass”. This technology is an alternate to Bypass Surgery & Angioplasty (stents) and is supervised by a Cardiologist. Over 120 clinical trials have been published in peer reviewed journals show that about 90% of angina / chest pain patients benefit and can prevent surgery.
EECP Treatment was developed at Harvard University and got US FDA approval in 1987. In 2015, the treatment got further revolutionized on getting US FDA approval for heart patients and for wellness as well.
Clinical studies have shown that EECP is an effective treatment for angina. Studies have confirmed the following benefits
- Relief of angina unresponsive to medical therapy
- Relief of angina for which PTCA and CABG are no longer options
- Improved blood flow to oxygen-deprived (ischemic) areas of heart muscle as evidenced in the resolution or improvement of perfusion defects on thallium scan.
- Improved exercise capacity and an enhanced quality of life
- Increase in energy reduces the high blood pressure
- Increase cardiac output
- Reduces the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.